The La Marathon 5k Run / Walk is scheduled for Sunday, March 2th 2008. at Gil Lindsay Plaza, Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 S. Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA 90015
A full morning of fitness and family fun will begin at 6:30am with Adai Lamar, 102.3 â€œRadio Freeâ€ KJLH â€œAdai and the Home Teamâ€ morning show anchor. Adai Lamar will guide participants through the morningâ€™s activities. Musical entertainment by 50â€™s-present day cover band, the Grizwalds, will follow. A warm up, led by certified yoga instructor, Crunch trainer and fitness guru, Sahara Ali, featuring a hoola-hoop workout will get the runners ready.
Many 5k participants also participate in the Acura L.A. Bike Tour.
START TIMES & LOCATIONS
Acura L.A. Marathon Bike Tour â€“ 6:00am â€“ Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
Emerald Nuts 5K Run/Walk â€“ 7:30am â€“ Staples Center/L.A. Convention Center
L.A. Marathon Hand Crank Wheelchairs â€“ 7:45am â€“ Universal Studios Hollywood
Wheelchair Race – 7:50amThe Challenge â€“ TBDProfessional Men/Pack – 8:15 am
- MARATHON REGISTRATION DEADLINES & FEES
- $100 from December 1st until February 25th at Midnight
- $115 at the Quality of Life Expo, Friday, February 29 & Saturday, March 1
QUALITY OF LIFE EXPO
The latest in running, cycling, health & fitness, travel, lifestyle improvement is featured at the LA Marathon Quality of Life Expo. Exhibitor booths feature sports running shoes to apparel. 2008 marks the 23rd year of the Quality of Life Expo. Over 80,000 people attend the LA Marathon Quality of Life Expo each year.
Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 S. Figueroa
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Friday, March 2, 2007 9am-8pm
Saturday, March 3, 2007 9am-5pm**
The Expo is free but the Convention Center does charge $12 for parking. The Marathon derives no revenue from the parking fees.
Registrations for the 5K Run/Walk are accepted online (www.lamarathon.com) or via paper applications through February 15, 2008. Late registration for the 5K takes place at the Quality of Life Expo, Friday and Saturday February 29 and March 1, 2008 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Kentia Hall and the morning of the event in front of the Los Angeles Convention Center. Registration on raceday, Sunday, March 2th opens at 6:00am.
Contact Information: (La Marathon 5k Run / Walk)
Phone: (310) 444-5544
Fax: (310) 473-8105
Address: 11110 W. Ohio Ave, Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Register online for LA Marathon XXIV, May 25, 2009 Los Angeles Register now here for LA Marathon XXIV May 25, 2009,...
- Guo Nian – Happy Lunar New Year!! Year of the Rat. Gong Xi Fa Cai! which means to Celebrate The New...
- Ice Skating in Downtown Los Angeles Until Jan. 21 The 10th installment of the Pershing Square Ice rink continues...
- Governor Schwarzenegger Visits Los Angeles City College. Today, Tuesday, February 12, 2008, California Govenor, Arnold Schwarzenegger visited...
- Medieval Exhibit at J. Paul Getty Museum Los Angeles California The J. Paul Getty Museum is hosting an exhibit on...