Today is Three Kings Day (Dia de los Reyes) to celebrate the three kings visit to baby Jesus in Bethlehem. The Festival de los Reyes Magos is considered the last day of Christmas. It’s traditional to eat a sweet cake called Rosca de Reyes.
This afternoon, the 4th Festival of the Wise Men in Los Angeles (Festival de los Reyes Magos en Los Angeles) will be held 12:00 noon – 4:00 p.m. at Mac Arthur Park, Whilshire Blvd & 7th St., Los Angeles.
WHEN: January 6,2009 12:00 noon – 4:00 p.m.
SITE: Mac Arthur Park, Whilshire Blvd & 7th St., Los Angeles
SPONSOR: Cervantes Center of Arts & Letters
INFO: 310-526-1480, www.cervantescenter.org
This evening 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., the Olvera Street Merchants and El Pueblo Historical Monument sponsor the Los Tres Reyes celebration of the Epiphany (visit of the Three Kings) with music and a colorful parade on Olvera Street. Complimentary refreshments will also be served.
WHEN: January 6, 2009 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
SITE: El Pueblo Historical Monument, 125 Paseo de la Plaza, Los Angeles
SPONSOR: Olvera Street Merchants and El Pueblo Historical Monument
INFO: 213-485-8372, www.cityofla.org/
- Olvera Street, Los Angeles Many Angeleno's consider Olvera Street as a center for Hispanic/Mexican...
- LA Kings Downtown On Ice Outdoor Skating Rink 2008-2009 Season LA KINGS DOWNTOWN ON ICE OUTDOOR SKATING RINK AT PERSHING...
- Register online for LA Marathon XXIV, May 25, 2009 Los Angeles Register now here for LA Marathon XXIV May 25, 2009,...
- Anime Los Angeles Convention on January 2-4, 2009 The Anime Los Angeles will open on January 2-4, 2009...
- Top 5 Los Angeles Reality TV Locations Living in LA requires a dose of reality. How about...